The Commission has completed its report on Victims of Crime in the Criminal Trial Process, and delivered its report to the Attorney-General by the due date, 1 September 2016. The report was tabled in Parliament on 22 November 2016.
The Commission has reviewed and made recommendations on the role of victims at stages of the criminal trial process including:
- the decision to prosecute
- the committal for trial and pre-trial proceedings
- the trial
- sentencing proceedings (but not sentence levels)
- appeal proceedings
- compensation or restitution for the benefit of victims
- support for victims before, during and after the trial.
The report and other documents can be downloaded from the links below.