The Commission is committed to being an environmentally and socially responsible organisation. To achieve this, appropriate procedures and practices are being established to monitor and reduce the Commission’s environmental footprint.
- complying with all environmental legislation, regulations and government policy requirements
- reducing the resource use and greenhouse gas emissions for all aspects of the Commission’s business
- including environmental sustainability as a key consideration when procuring goods and services
- educating and empowering staff with the skills, awareness and leadership to minimise our environmental impacts
- actively engaging and influencing people with whom we do business to assist us in effecting environmental change
- including environmental sustainability as a consideration in implementing and developing community law reform projects, and considering the environmental impacts of law reform recommendations
- striving to continually monitor, review and improve the Commission’s environmental performance.